Invitation to an International summer school project meeting
- PEP-AH members are invited to attend the PEP-AH and IOGT international summer school meeting. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2018.
- Date: Friday, September 14, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (exact location to be determined)
- Meeting objectives:
- Discuss different international summer school models and agree on the most appropriate one;
- Discuss how to involve Canadian students in the project; and
- Discuss the types of tools we might want to develop to assess the impact of Canadian students attending the international summer school on alcohol harm
Invitation to join a PEP-AH marked glass project working group
- PEP-AH members are invited to be part of a working group and share ideas on the design of the marked glass research project. Funding is available for three PEP-AH representatives. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com by August 15, 2018.
- First meeting date: Thursday, November 8, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Location: 1396 Rue Ste-Catherine O., 2nd Floor, Suite 210, Montreal
- First meeting objectives:
- To learn more about marked glass projects that have been led in the U.K. by Dr. Richard De Visser;
- To determine what the specific objective of the marked glass project should be within the Canadian campus context; and
- To discuss the methods to be used (selection of participants and control group, background of the study, method of data collection, etc.).
PEP-AH annual conference
- PEP-AH members will be meeting in Charlottetown (PEI) during the Canadian Association of College and University Student Services (CACUSS) Sea Change Conference.
- Date: Wednesday, June 20 2018 from 8:30 am to 2:15 p.m.
- Location: Holland College, Centre for Applied Science and Technology Building, Room 319
- Meeting Objectives:
- To provide an overview of PEP-AH’s activities, including related research projects
- To present the outcomes of the regional symposiums
- To facilitate knowledge exchange among PEP-AH’s members
- The purpose of a regional symposium is to allow students to get to work with the proposed PEP-AH alcohol harm reduction framework and to foster debate on the initiatives that students consider to be essential and the most promising. The symposiums are held once a year across PEP-AH’s regions, i.e. Western Canada, Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada.